A rework of my previous Electro-Magnetic Beetle class to better fit the GLOG's rules for wizards.
|art by @bigmsaxon on twitter|
Starting Equipment: Scarab Pendant (functions as a wizard's spellbook)
Starting Skill [d3]: 1 = Dung Beetle 2 = Ladybird 3 = Diving Beetle
Lightning Rod: You can expend two Magic Dice to act as a lightning rod, redirecting a bolt of lightning or lightning-related spell from its target and towards yourself.
Giant Beetle: Your movement is 14. Your exoskeleton gives you defence +4 as if it were armour, but it takes up no inventory slots. Your mandibles deal 1d10+str damage and are a heavy weapon. You can communicate in beetle language and morse code by clicking your mandibles. You have six legs and no arms.
Electro-Magnetic Shell: Your exoskeletal shell functions as a staff (as per Coins and Scrolls' rules) which can only be charged by being struck by lightning. When struck by magical lightning your shell gains MD equal to the [dice] spent on the spell. When struck by non-magical lightning your shell gains MD equal to the number of damage dice. Absorbing the energy of lightning in this manner negates its damage unless you exceed your shell's capacity of 6 MD, in which case damage is dealt as normal.
- Wings: Can cast Feather Fall as a cantrip so long as your wings are unobstructed.
- Sense Electro-Magnetism: You can spend 30 minutes meditating to learn the approximate number of living creatures with a functioning nervous system within a mile of your location, as well as their direction relative to you.
- Irritating Beetles: You may cast a cantrip version of Cuspit's Irritating Vermin. It is limited to 1 target and 1 round of duration.
Spells: (taken from this list).
1. Wending Bolt
3. Cuspit's Swarm of Irritating Vermin
4. Rolling Spark
More Spells (taken from this list).
5. Aggravate Thundercloud
Even more Spells (taken from another list).
7. Lightningball (as per the "...ball" spell).
8. Wall of Lightning (as per the "Wall of..." spell).
9. Cloud of Lightning (as per the "Cloud of..." spell).
10. Shape/Control Lightning (as per the "Shape/Control..." spell).
11. Speak with Beetles (as per the "Speak with..." spell).
12. Lightningbolt (as per the "...bolt" spell).